A reliable way to have your students access specific library resources in your course (such as articles in databases or eBook in our collection) is to use persistent links.
For many databases, you can simply copy and paste the persistent link to provide access.
Databases may use different terminology for their persistent links. You may see the following:
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
In Canvas, you have the option to use the External Tool option to access some of our library resources and embed or link to those resources all within the Canvas course shell. The steps are outlined below using the example of embedding a film from the Films on Demand database.
1. Create or edit a module or assignment and then click the "+" button.
2. From the drop down options, select "external tool"
3. Scroll to the database you wish to use. In the example, we selected Films on Demand.
4. Once you select the database, you can search for the resource you wish to use.
5. Then select if you would like to use the URL, embed, etc.
6. Then click "add item".
7. If you want to remove after it has been added, click the 3 dots.